Visit our new office location at 1651 Montreal Rd in Ottawa our Nations Capital.
Visit our new office location at 1651 Montreal Rd in Ottawa our Nations Capital.
CANADA IMMIGRATION LAW EXPERTS
Canada Immigration Laws and programs can sometimes be overwhelming. We are dedicated to providing you help in language you can understand. Canada 's immigration goal to to accept 300,000 new immigrants. You can be one of them.
We will work with you to create your Canadian Immigration Plan based on our expertise in Canada's immigration laws and programs and your circumstances, your roadmap to success. Let us help you determine your best next steps on your path to Canada.
The sooner you have a plan of action, the better your chances of taking the correct steps to get results to LIVE, WORK, STUDY, VISIT OR DO BUSINESS IN CANADA.
There has been some significant changes recently as a result of COVID 19 that I want to share with you
1) Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship - the opportunity to express an interest to sponsor parents or grandparents opens up October 13th so prepare your documents to apply. It closes quickly due to very high demand for this program. Only 10,000 applications will be accepted this year significantly less than last year.
2) Visiting Family Members - Your close family members can visit you in Canada despite the Covid 19 travel restrictions, they are exempt. Further good news for daters, Immigration is giving love a chance. If you have been dating someone for at least a year, they are now considered a close family member for Immigration purposes. So now your sweetheart can visit you in Canada as they are also exempted from the Covid 19 travel restrictions. Of course the quarantine rules apply to everyone. Some visitors may need prior Immigration approval
3) Temporary residents already in Canada - visitors and workers who had existing visas or work permits who couldn't or haven't renewed their visas and / or work permits, have until December 2020 to renew with no penalty, even if it expired pre-Covid, incredibly as far back as January 2020. However, the process has changed, there is a new process to request permission before you can do the applications, it is definitely more complicated. As usual once the application for work permit is in, you don't have to wait for the work permit approval to start working, just provide proof to the employer that you applied.
4) The Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class sponsorship for spouse, common-law or conjugal partner pilot program is now permanent. This was a favourite for my clients. The first benefit of this program is family reunification, you can be together in Canada while you wait on the permanent residency (PR) instead of being apart during the processing. The second benefit is that sponsored partners can qualify for a work permit upon preliminary approval instead of waiting a year or more after the PR is fully processed to start working, relieving some financial stress on the family. I love this program, pre-Covid my clients received work permits in 3-4 months. The third benefit is once the preliminary approval is received you can also apply for your provincial health plan coverage, OHIP for those who intend to live in Ontario.
5) Undeclared children - You can now sponsor your dependent child / children who were not included on your application when you migrated to Canada even if you were denied in the past. The dependent child must be under 22 years old or any age if they are permanently dependent for medical reasons. This is a short term pilot program so I suggest some urgency in taking advantage of this opportunity.
6) International students with valid study study permits can start landing as of October 20 if their school has a Covid 19 readiness plan. Traveling for study is no longer discretionary.
I recommend that you research the Immigration Professional before you give them your money. a) Ask your friends to recommend someone. b) Check the record of that business with trusted organizations such as Better Business Bureau that investigates complaints, ImmigrantsCan is a proud member of the Better Business Bureau. Most importantly, c) Check the appropriate regulatory body if they are listed and if they are in good standing, active, not suspended or disbarred for any reason. Don't use someone unregulated, they are called ghost consultants; in addition to putting your money and immigration issue at risk, it is also illegal. Use a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC) with the https://iccrc-crcic.ca/ like yours truly, Andrea Pierce or an Immigration lawyer licensed to practice in the province where you are located. d) Use someone who specializes in the issue you want solved. Immigration Law is broad and we cannot be experts at everything. Make sure you sign a retainer agreement i.e. contract and get a copy of the signed document for your records. My firm ImmigrantsCan represent clients in all countries and provinces. In Quebec we use a trusted native French speaking partner. Changes are happening daily so I will endeavour to keep you updated.
#CanadaCovidTravel #CanadaTravel #CanadaTravelCovid #CanadaImmigrationUpates #CanadaImmigrationUpatesCovid19
You may have questions about travelling to Canada during the COVID 19 outbreak. Can I still live, work, study or do business in Canada? The good news is yes. Canada is processing paperwork for everyone to live, work, study or do business in Canada during this time. Do not delay starting the process. Anyone already approved to travel, and your travel is considered essential, you can enter Canada. There are some travel restrictions to stem the spread of the virus.
Travel by these individuals will be considered essential travel for land border restrictions.
Think you might have COVID-19? Take a self-assessment
Together, we are facing a truly unprecedented times. The global COVID 19 / Coronavirus pandemic is affecting all of our families, businesses, communities, and very way of life. During this time, we wish you and your loved ones good health and want to update you on how the ImmigrantsCAN Canadian Immigration Legal Team is approaching the situation.
Our hearts go out to everyone who's been impacted by the virus, either directly or indirectly. We wish those who are sick complete recovery. We also applaud all frontline workers around the world.
We are focused on the health and safety of our team, families and communities so we continue to isolate as is requested by the government of Canada. We continue to support our existing and new clients through a variety of digital channels including video and telephone meetings while working from home.
We continue to be your trusted resource, laser-focused on your success whether it is to live, work, study or do business in Canada even as we deal with this pandemic. While all our lives and businesses are in unnavigated terrain, ImmigrantsCAN was built to handle moments like this, and our commitment to your success is stronger than ever. Our company though founded with a digital DNA, at our core are values such as Honesty, Integrity, Service, Respect -- and our values are unwavering and continue to guide everything we do, especially important, during these difficult times.
As we navigate these unchartered territory, we are looking for new ways to support you as we are all in this together. We are living our values by giving back to you in these difficult times and hope to do our part by delivering valuable information to you at no cost during this period of uncertainty. So we are offering our usually paid webinars entirely free until May 30th, 2020. We are also hosting our Canadian Immigration Virtual Summit and hope to exceed the target of 50,000 customers attending digitally. Sign up to receive the invitations first. Our team members also provide support to our local communities by helping seniors connect digitally using our resources as well as tutoring them on its use. We are also sharing our tools and teaching local business owners how to digitize their businesses to meet customer needs despite their doors being closed.
In closing, we thank you for your continued support and maintain our mission to support you and your loved ones on your immigration journey.
Andrea Pierce, RCIC, MBA, PMP
On behalf of the entire ImmigrantsCAN team